Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Conclusion

Conclusion of the week:

North Point Community Church should remove their ridiculously good looking men from their worship teams.

They are distracting. Worship is already quite a show, but when you've got two screens the size of Texas on that stage and a handsome face looking at you from both sides, it's not exactly easy to focus on worship. In fact, it's just outright distracting.

Now please don't misunderstand my point -- I do not think that the 722 lead guitarist has anything wrong with him. I mean, personally, he's probably the dream of every female over the age of 12 that walks into that auditorium. And he's talented. And if you didn't get that part about being ridiculously good looking from the second line up top, I'll say it again: he's just gorgeous. AND he seems sincere! I really think that he has a passion for worshipping God! And now is the point where I roll my eyes and shake my head at the modern Christian church. Did NPCC just stumble upon him and discover everything they'd ever need in a worship leader? I hope so, and I sincerely hope that the staff members who chose him were MEN. Otherwise we've got a sticky situation on our hands. Well, needless to say, I think we already do -- we've got worship leaders distracting congregations with their distracting good looks.

And I thought the Assemblies of God had issues...

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home