Monday, December 20, 2004

Charm

Last weekend, I was approaching the front door of a store, and just as I stepped on to the curb, about 20 feet from the door, a man walks out. About 30, nice build, and fairly good looking (from what I remember), I intended to make eye contact with him and smile as any 'Minnesota-nice' manners would teach me to, then proceed into the store.

So he gets about 10 feet out the door, sees me, and turns around, opening the door for me. This wasn't just an about-face to grab the door that was just shutting. The door had shut, he had proceeded toward his car, and I was walking into the store. Yet when he saw me, he turned around and opened the door for me. Now this is either A) because he wanted to add value and respect to me, a woman, or B) he liked my skirt and red heels. Either way, this, my friends, you would not experience in the Midwest. This, I believe, is what they call "southern charm".

And I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home