Wednesday, June 23, 2004

True to my roots

I think that if at any time, someone gave me a package of Ritz crackers and a container of chilled Port Wine cheese spread, I could finish the entirety of both in one sitting. If it came down to the choice of eating one single entity for the rest of my days, I would choose the aforementioned Ritz crackers and cheese spread. A close rival would be macaroni and cheese, but the first combo may win because of the convenience of eating the cracker with cheese or without. The difficulty of separating the cheese from the macaroni once it's mixed earns Mr. Mac the title of runner up in this culinary contest.

Last night I ate 3/4 of a package of Ritz and 1/4 of the container of cheese for dinner. (And that's because it was the end of my supply... (given an unlimited quantity, I could have done better.)).

Looks like I really am true to my roots, a cheesehead at heart.

So, the thrill of making my own meals has come to a swift end. Yet the worth of the peanut butter and banana toast has yet to fade... I'm looking forward to my dinner!

It's days like today that just make me want to write... (and this first post isn't exactly the creme de la creme of my writing repertoire, just to let you know...) It's slow at work, and the perfect June 73 degree sunshine has turned to a slanted, beating rain, drenching the pedestrians walking by my window and surely forcing them to long for cover.

As the storm lets up, it seems there is a pause in the day, a bit of light to dry the soggy earth and streets, a break between afternoon and evening, the sun's final farewell.

And mine the same, as it is 5:00.

Until the words begin again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home